Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kate Rusby

16 June 2006

On Monday I was back at The Stables to see one of the big stars of the young English folk revival, Kate Rusby. I had tried to get tickets for her the past couple of times she visited The Stables but she always sells out very quickly – this time I only succeeded because she added an extra date – which also eventually sold out. She was great – I love her voice (and her Barnsley accent!) – and you get the bonus of a fantastic band led by one of the top names in Scottish folk, John McCusker (who happens to be Kate Rusby’s husband). I’ve been listening to her latest CD ‘The Girl Who Couldn't Fly’ which is lovely (though I think the selection of songs is a bit patchy) – worth buying just for track 6 – the old standard ‘You Belong To Me’ which she recorded after hearing it on the soundtrack to ‘Shrek’ – she makes it her own and it’s been haunting me all week. You can download this single track for 80 pence from http://shopping.katerusby.com/item-24-The_Girl_Who_Couldn_t_Fly.aspx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home