Friday, September 23, 2022

'Watch Her Fall' by Erin Kelly

23 September 2022

I hadn’t heard of the thriller writer Erin Kelly before we saw her at the Ampthill Literary Festival earlier this year (reviewed here in April 2022) talking about the process of writing her latest book ‘Watch Her Fall’ during lockdown. I read ‘Watch Her Fall’ on holiday last week and I would strongly recommend it. It’s a psychological thriller about a dancer, which uses ‘Swan Lake’ as its inspiration and structure. The book is very cleverly plotted: it is really hard to see where it is going and Erin Kelly very effectively pulls the rug out from under you on several occasions with some stunning twists. A good twist needs to be both unexpected and believable and it is a sign of the writer’s skill that I now want to read the whole book again to spot the little clues I should have seen the first time around.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home