Friday, April 04, 2008

'Hotas' by Tsuumi Sound System

4 April 2008

Regular readers will know of my enthusiasm for all things Finnish: this week I've been listening to 'Hotas', the album by Finnish folk/rock group Tsuumi Sound System. At first it's almost a Celtic sound - could easily be a Scottish group - but the occasional unexpected rhythms and time-shifts betray its Scandinavian origins. The tunes are dominated by frantic, furious fiddles backed by accordion, guitar, bass, drums and pleasingly unobtrusive soprano saxophone. It's a nicely varied set of tunes but maintains a cheerful optimistic air throughout. Fiona Talkington called it "a lesson in how to make the perfect album".

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:00 pm, Blogger Laraib said...

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.
school audio system

 

Post a Comment

<< Home