Sunday, September 24, 2006

'The Producers' by Mel Brooks

24 September 2006

I'm not a real fan of musicals but we have had some of Jeannie's relations from Montana staying with us and 14-year old Gabrielle was determined to see a big West End show during her first visit to London. So we queued at the half price ticket booth in Leicester Square and came away with tickets for 'The Producers' - Mel Brooks' musicalisation of his much-loved 1968 film. I knew the show had received very good reviews but even as it started I was still sceptical. By the interval I was completely won over, and by the time we got to the 'Springtime for Hitler' mock Busby Berkeley routine there were tears rolling down my cheeks - it was fantastic! The most fun I've had in a theatre for years - absolutely brilliant!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home